Thursday, September 28, 2006

No spice shall be left behind!

[jordanna]

One of the hardest things about leaving Seattle has been the food. We had the best grocery store on the planet (Central Market). This grocery store was so remarkable, that all of our out-of-town visitors to Seattle who saw it have asked us if we miss it since moving to Tucson. Um, YES! Happily, I got a little taste of ex-home delivered last week. The world's greatest spice merchant (www.worldspice.com) is online! I brought my parents there 5 years ago and they have been refilling their spice jars in NC via the internet ever since. The smell of the package delivered to my house last week was unbelievably divine, and makes our house smell like a home. For those of you unfamiliar with spice guy, you really should get aquainted. My top recommendations are the italian herb (which I substitute for every generic herb in every recipe), svaneti salt, avacado leaf, chipotle moreno, pasillo oaxo, and kashmiri curry (accurate spelling not gauranteed). This is a fraction of our collection, but these are the ones I am least capable of living without. Now seriously, treat yourself and buy a new spice.
.

No comments: