Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Last Day of Class

[jd] 6 May 2008

So today was my last formal class, which consisted of a 5 point lab and me telling students their final grades. If they are happy with their grade, they don't need to take the final next week or attend the review. In other words, they are done with class. So I was really surprised when ten minutes into class I only had 5 students in the room. I was contemplating how to restructure the lab when the door opened and a stream of students start coming in. Within another 10 minutes I had 16 students. I am passing back papers when I notice that more than one person is talking about how 'her best friend turns out to be totally in love with her, and she didn't even know she was a lesbian'. Doubting that this was happening in more than one student's personal life, I asked them what they were talking about. Turns out my entire class was sitting in the parking lot glued to their radios, listening to KRQ93.7's Confession Wednesdays. It's just like an NPR moment, only trashier. Apparently on Thursdays they have War of the Roses. I totally need to start listening to this station...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This made me break out in laughter. I will miss having our class.