Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lil'-Le-Hi

So the answer to the question is clearly "The Trout Hatchery." The question could be any one of a number of things. What activity can I do with my 2 year old that involves aquatic husbandry? Where is the best place to feed ground up fish pellets to ducks? How can I give my 2 year old mild frostbite on his fingers in less than 20 minutes?

I have seen signs for the Little Lehigh ("Lil'-Le-Hi") Trout Hatchery since we moved here and honestly I've been dying to check it out. So this last weekend when Vavo and Grandpa Bear were in town we took everybody over to the site to check it out. It's great! There are many many fish and for the bargain price of $1 you can buy a bag of fish pellets and possibly fend off the ravenous ducks long enough to engage the trout in a feeding frenzy.

Cayden was almost as impressed with the fish as he was with the ducks and Vavo took some good Father and Son pictures. In fact, because she's my mother the only pictures we have are of Father and Son. :)






No comments: