Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Final Kitchen Video

Alrighty. The kitchen is done. I've spent the last couple of days working at a snail's pace on the finishing touches. Molding, trim, plinth, outlet covers... you know, the really annoying stuff that nobody enjoys.

In order to complete all of it I had to jury-rig my compressor so that I had a working brad gun (see first frame of the video). Unfortunately that involved disabling the safety mechanism that shuts a compressor off when it reaches maximum capacity. So as a nod to safety precautions I placed the compressor between my brick house and my neighbor's brick house and hoped that should it explode it would not send shrapnel through anyone's window and inadvertently decapitate anyone in the area. I also kept a pretty close eye on the gauges.

So there you have it. Next project: underground squash court.


No comments: