Sunday, July 06, 2008

The Kelty Yellowstone 6

[ty]

In celebration of Independence Day we went camping with our friends J&K out in the Gila Wilderness of New Mexico. It was very pretty, quite rainy, a bit chilly and altogether beautiful. So refreshing in fact that as we drove home still damp and dirty from the woods JD expressed her desire for a hot chocolate when we got home. "It's 105 degrees at home sweetie, I don't think you'll want a hot chocolate," I reminded her. "Ahhh, good point," she said. " Pull over at the next gas station then."

Unfortunately I have no pictures from our adventure b/c I forgot the camera.

Also also wik, I bought a new tool bag. Super exciting, I know. It's very nice though. Here's a picture sequence.








As Nubby becomes more mobile and happily moves around the house exploring things on occasion he catches our attention by being quiet. Its amazing how more than 45 seconds of silence suddenly becomes such an alert to your sixth sense. Your head comes up and you sniff the air rapidly for the scent of danger. Such as this morning...


Ok, maybe we set that picture up just a bit by taking the cover off the bucket and throwing interesting things into it until he finally peered over the edge. Or maybe not...

We had so much fun camping in fact that as soon as we got home I scoured REI online for family camping tents. Not that I don't Luv our Moss 2-per/4-seas (which has seen us through more than one blizzard safely) and my trusty old North Face Lightspeed Long non-freestanding 2-per/3-seas (from my summer in Boulder), but a baby changes the camping scenario. While online I found quite possibly the best floor-plan ever for a 6 person family tent. Jordanna explained it as "Everybody jump in the air while in your sleeping bag and where you land, you sleep."


Two weeks from tomorrow we pack our lives into a 22 foot Penske and drive East. "Back East" as people Out West say whether or not they're from Back East.

No comments: