Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Who could love such a fickle fickle baby?

Periodically we get a glimpse into the misery that is the lives of people whose children don't sleep. We were awakened at 4 am by Cayden crying for, "Mama, mama, mama, MAMA". I went in after twenty minutes because about once every other month he needs a pat in the middle of the night. One the two or three occasions this has happened, I have snuggled him, then put him into the crib, rubbed his back and left. Sometimes he cries for another ten minutes, but he always goes back down. Last night however, I go pick him up and he says, "Sack off? Down? Down?" (he wears a wool sleep sack at night). He was way too squirmy to snuggle, so I put him back into the crib. The second he realized what I was doing he screamed, "No! Dada! DAAAA DAAAAA!". In a way my mission was a success because for the next hour he yelled for Tyson instead of me, which means I got to put my headphones in and ignore him.

No comments: