Monday, January 01, 2007

Holiday Recovery

[jordanna]

Well, we dropped the last of the holiday visitors off at the airport a couple of hours ago. We didn't have any opportunity to feel unsettled this holiday, as family and friends descended on us to keep us company. We had my parents from the 20th until the 29th (the day after my 30th birthday), and the Walshes from Christmas Day until New Years. We couldn't have asked for a more entertaining or loving holiday. We went to Tombstone with my parents, and witnessed some spectacular acting in the re-enactment of the shootout at the Okay Coral, and had lunch at Big Nose Kate's Saloon. Ty has some spectacular video of the robotic recreation that can be found in the original location of the shootout. Mom and Dad logged some time helping us work on the house. Five months after we moved in, our stereo is actually set up and properly balanced! Dad and Tyson also spent 6 hours installing a beautiful birch butcher block shelf to top off the half wall in our kitchen. Between their visit and Justin Maguire's help after Thanksgiving, all but one of the little remaining kitchen projects have been finished. Where would we be without everyone's help?

I remember thinking in June that my 30th birthday would be a bit depressing because I would be so far from our Seattle community. I was happily proved wrong. While Jeff and David (our Tucson sunkids who keep us entertained : ) were out of town, we had all of our guests and Tyson organized a suprise party with all the people we know in Tucson. My parents took me out for a lavish lunch and shopping while Ty was working at home (luckily I'm oblivious and didn't catch on to what they were planning). The Walshes went crazy and took us all to a resort the next day for an overnight desert spa birthday extravaganza. I haven't been so spoiled in ages. We had a blast wandering through nature trails and playing in the pool. Abby and Tyson developed some controversial but successful water basketball plays. I also got to play Marco Polo for the first time in fifteen years. The food, crafted by Chef Jamie West, was beyond spectacular. All in all I would call it a successful spa experience.

We sincerely hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, and that the new year brings you love and joy.

No comments: