Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Apparently I've still got it

[jordanna]

Somebody at my work just asked me if I knew what we were having. When I told her it was a boy, she said, "I knew it". She told me that in her culture, if a woman gets prettier during pregnancy she is carrying a boy. If it is a girl, the woman will look bad because the baby is stealing her beauty. I had never heard of this, but I greatly appreciated the complement!

On top of that, somebody tried to pick me up at the bus stop last week:
Random Guy (RG): Hey, do you need a ride?
Me: No thanks, my bus will be here momentarily.
RG: Where are you going?
Me: Home
RG: Are you sure?
Me: Yes, but thank you.
RG: Do I look that bad?
Me: (pulling aside my bulky coat and patting the belly) Nope, I'm already taken.
RG: Is that a five dollar bill on the ground?
Me: No, it's a bus transfer
RG: Kay, thanks (drives off)

No comments: