Saturday, August 30, 2008

Permoplast (clean, odorless, non-toxic, sanitary)

[ty]

With the start of the year looming I've been cleaning out my new office and getting stuff ready for the excitement that is The First Day of School. My new school is in a state of flux as we tear the place down and begin a major remodel throughout the next two years. The current building was built in 1959 and cleaning out my area has resulted in some interesting finds. Not the least of which was a completely intact box of Permoplast modeling clay from...1965? According to claims on the packaging it's non-hardening and sealed in a factory. I'm not really sure whether I should place it behind glass for future generations to admire or feed it to the freshmen when they get restless.



Here's a beautiful shot of my brandy-new (for me) office.



Some of the shelves are labeled. From a very long time ago. On Abby's birthday.



In other exciting news we had a visitor last night. A bat somehow got into the house. It flew in circles in The Flower Room with Toku swatting his one good leg at it and Roland whining and crying until I managed to get a laundry basket in its flight path. Despite the madness it seemed fine and we released it into the greater Allentown metropolitan area safely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guy are Allentown's Batman family. Not to mention the sweet garage for the batmobiles and the basement for the manufacturing of secret weapons and body armor. Maybe using some circa-1965 modeling clay???

Anonymous said...

This is Krista Durr from your bio class at CDO!

First off, please tell Jordanna that I'm really sorry I couldn't meet up with her to see the U of A. I went on my France trip and hardly had time between everything else I was doing.

Second, I hope you are liking Pennsylvania!

Third, I just want to say that I'm SO glad I took your class last year. I learned so much from you and it made me love biology even more. And the best part is that it is really helping me this year! I am currently taking Molecular Cellular Biology 181 lecture and lab. Everything that we have covered (and will cover later) is almost identical to what you taught us (obviously in more detail.)
It's funny because my teacher, Prof Jorstad, is giving us information that I'm like, "Hey I have heard this before!" It also includes the chem aspect (which I didn't really like AP chem in high school, but I'm really understanding this because we are applying it for biology purposes.) We are also covering some physics, which I love too.

Anyways I just wanted to say thank you!

-Krista