Monday, March 29, 2010

Double Header

Sorry to be that annoying parent who keeps prattling on about their kid, but I really wanted to record this for posterity sake. (You, dear readers, are not the sole purspose of this blog. We are terrible at keeping photo albums and journals, so this is our  family history). Cayden and I were walking the dog after dinner, and because of a random conversation I had with a student today, Power of Two (Indigo Girls) was in my head. I started singing while we were walking, and this conversation ensued:

C: Mommy, what are you singing?
J: Power of Two
C: Can you not sing that song?
J: Why don't you want me to sing that song?
C: I makes me feel....
C: ....
C: Mommy, can you say, "What is that song?
J: What is that song?
C: wee-ooo wee-ooo wee-oo (siren noises)
J: What is that song?
C: It is "Heaven is when a fire truck comes"
J: collapses on side walk laughing
J: Cayden, can you sing me that song again? I liked it very much.
C: Oh no. It is a very long song. I would be too tired.
J: Well, if you feel like it sing me just as much as you want to.
C: (tears off down the side walk) heaven is a fire truck coming.... wee-ooo wee-ooo wee-ooo

I think that is as close to poetry as a two (almost 3!) year old can get. Sometimes I think I underestimate just how much that kid loves fire trucks.

No comments: