Tuesday, February 06, 2007

And sometimes we disagree

[jordanna]

I have heard that consuming your own placenta can help with post-partum depression. I think that the retching resulting from consumption of my placenta would also place me in a funk, so I am thinking that there is NO WAY IN HELL I am eating that thing (provided a huge famine doesn't hit tucson in the next 10 weeks). My husband, however, is borderline obsessed with the idea, and keeps trying to talk me into letting him eat it. Today I got this from him:

Placenta Pizza:
Grind placenta. Saute in 2 tbl. olive oil with 4 garlic cloves, then add 1/4 tsp. fennel, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/4 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. oregano, 1/4 tsp. thyme, and 1/4 cup of wine. Allow to stand for 30 minutes, then use with your favorite home made pizza recipe. It's a fine placenta sausage topping.

I honestly can't tell if he is serious, or just trying to mess with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY EYES!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I cannot take this. Yes, childbirth is beautiful, but WTF?

Anonymous said...

www.donteatyoursoranyoneelsesplacenta.com

Anonymous said...

Kendra says: Erin ate her placenta when her Indian midwife friend cooked it up with lots of herbs and things. I'm pretty panicky about PPD, so I'll probably do just about anything, assuming eating a placenta when my time comes.... Wanna save yours in the freezer and then I could cook 'em up together some day?