Monday, July 30, 2007

Quilty Goodness

[ty] 30 July '07

Last night as JD, Myself, and our friend Jeff were watching a movie we heard a scraping/knocking on our front door. JD got up from the couch to investigate. She had only opened the door partway when she stopped and said "There's a bunch of toilet paper out here. With a note." Exchanging curious glances Jeff and I stood up to protect Jordanna in case there was foul play afoot. Returning with a sheet of paper in her hand she started reading the note.


Dear Mr. Sprayberry,

In honor of your completion of your initiation year at Canyon del Oro High School a select few of your favorite students would like to present you with this toilet paper. At first thought this toilet paper was going to be used creatively to decorate your yard. However, after consideration of your amazing coolness and teachers salary, it was decided that you would have better use of it in your house instead of on your house...trees...mailbox...etc. We hope you will enjoy its quilty goodness for many months to come. Best wishes for your many teaching years to come.

Your favorite and most amazing students,

A*
S
J

(*obviously I'm not putting students' names on the Internet)

Propped into my door I found...

Some of you out there may have heard me complain about teaching here in AZ. The pay sucks, the resources are scarce at best, and the state spending on education ranks 49th in the country (Wassup Mississippi!!). That being said, after spending my summer hanging out with my friends and my kid I'm getting antsy to get back in the classroom for exactly one reason. The kids rule. They are good students, they make teaching fun and I really love them. How can you not when they so courteously leave 80 rolls of quality TP on your doorstep?

In other news, nubby and I went hiking last friday and here's a link to a new baby video.

No comments: