Monday, July 23, 2007

A Visual History of the Last 2 Weeks

[ty] 23 July '07

We went out to one of Jordanna's field stations up in the Catalina mountains. It was very pretty and there were many large and/or dangerous bugs. Our whole goal was to film the night feeding moths and after setting everything up it began to MONSOOON so we had to pack up and leave. The MONSOONS have officially come to Tucson and they are...ridiculous.


I suppose this photo doesn't really convey the impressive industry shown by these particular ants. The hole they have here to their nest is about the size of a quarter and they all run in and back out of it at breakneck speed. I tried for about 10 minutes to follow just one ant but its impossible. So I put a rock near the entrance instead and watched complete pandemonium break out.


This guy was awesome. He's eating that green plant stalk and feeding it in with his two front legs. Just like Bugs Bunny used to eat carrots he feeds its straight into his maw and devours it like some kind of armored sawmill. He's about as big as one of those pink school erasers. And his name is Rolf.


Self-potrait of Baby and Baby-Daddy.


One of the jobs I've been putting off for months now is trimming out the front door. The main problem is that the drywall we put up brings the level of the trim about 3/4 of an inch away from the frame. Not too bad in of itself, but the mortar and cement crap all around the original framing makes it unevenly spaced. So anyway, last Friday I finally sucked it up and fired up the table saw to rip furring strips (seen here on the couch and the door) and attach the trim.


And after all my bitching and whining about mortar and furring strips it took me all of 4 hours start to finish.


So we did some online research and apparently one of the most sought-after professions in the 21st century will be Polynesian Dancer. So we raced right out and bought a starter kit to get The Nubby going on his career.


Jordanna as she devours the newest Harry Potter book. Purchased at noon, she was re-reading the ending before bedtime. Apparently the books were flying off the shelves at 15 per second in the UK.

So there's our last week or two in the desert. We came close to breaking the record for consecutive days over 100 degress (something around a month or so, I don't really pay attention because it makes me sweat to think about it), Cayden starts daycare next week and I bought a grill book because its too hot to cook indoors.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I am pro tinting - anything that will assist Tyson in actually holding the steering wheel while driving with my nephew in the car is A-OK in my book.

Thanks for the pictures - Cayden, as well as all the other kids featured, are adorable. I especially liked the one of Cayden looking at Abby very intently.

You guys are great, I love that I can count on your blog making me laugh!